Steps Into The Future
To read the report, click HERE
The Big Lottery Wales' 'Bright New Futures' (BNF) young parent programme began in 2013, and saw a group of projects across the country tasked with the challenge of building a brighter future for over 1,000 young parents in Wales. The aim of the programme was “to build the resilience of young people so that they have the life skills, knowledge and the ability to manage key transitions in their lives”
The organisations and projects funded were:
This report looks at the progress of each of the projects and identifies the key learning to emerge from the programme as a whole to date. Click HERE to read the full report.
- Action for Children – 'Little Steps / Big Steps'
- Barnardo's (with Flintshire Mind, Flintshire Family Information Service, Wrexham Family Information Service, Careers Wales and Glyndwr University) – 'The Aspire Project'
- Charter Housing (with Gingerbread) – 'Growing Together'
- GISDA – 'Rhieni Ifanc Ni'
- Monmouthshire Housing Association – 'Dads Can'
- Prison Advice & Care Trust – 'Supporting Young Parents in Prison'
- Relate Cymru (with Gingerbread) – 'The Foothold Project'
- Taff Housing – 'Shine'
- Women Connect First – 'Youth Connect'